Friday, July 3, 2015

What a fun Friday!

I didn't have to work today because tomorrow is the 4th of July so we got Friday off.  Neal didn't teach today so we decided to spend the whole day together and I even talked Neal into turning his cell phone off.  I didn't want him taking calls from his brothers and sisters about the Maxfield reunion.  I wanted him all to myself.  We started off by going golfing at Forest Dale.  Our tee time was at 9:45.  We got with another couple and had a great time.  I hit some great shots with my new clubs.  Of course I had to have my diet Pepsi!
Yes, that is a selfie.
After golf we went to Liesure Living to look for a new table for the patio.  Oh, yes, I have to tell you that Neal was putting the umbrella back in the center of the table and some how hit it just right and the whole table top crashed down in a million pieces!  I should have taken a picture but forgot.  Thus we were shopping for a new table.  We didn't find anything at Liesure living that was a reasonable price so we headed to Macey's to look at, of course dishes, and mattresses.  Neal ended up buying some more bowls to go with one of our sets.  We didn't settle on a mattress and wanted to compare prices at RC Willey.  That was our next stop.  We found table for $150.00 and we ended up buying a new box spring and mattress.  I think after 25 years we deserve a new mattress.

This is Neal paying.  Isn't that the way it goes, "Neal's paying?"  Oh yes, we also bought him a new pillow to go with the new bed.
We left there and went to Costco to get a few groceries and ended up spending over $500.00.  They were selling the Little Giant ladders.  I've wanted to get one for him and for me forever but have never seen how they actually work.  After watching the demonstration, we were sold and we bought one.  From the price above you can see they are cheap by and stretch.  But maybe this will save our lives when we are decorating our Christmas tree, when I am cleaning the fans in the front room and when I am washing down the walls in the Spring.  It will also be useful when Neal is getting things down and putting things back in the garage loft.  From there we went to Fresh Market to pick up a couple more items and then home.  We laughed when we walked in the house and decided that the two of us spending the day together an on the loose was financially dangerous.  We spent close to $2,000.00 today!!  YIKES!!  But, I have to say we had fun and enjoyed our adventure together today.  We got home about 5:00.  I got busy cleaning all the wood floors in the house and then fixed some bacon and tomato sandwiches - that were delicious.
Now that I've posted the events for the past few days, I'm going to settle in and finish this really suspenseful book I'm reading.  It's called Faithless.  It is a page turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment