Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Jordan River Temple and a flag

Tuesday I left early from work and headed out to the Jordan River Temple to do a session.  I was excited to drive out there, be by myself and have a chance to reflect on the past week and the decisions that I had made.  It was Shirl Sealy's viewing and funeral and I had made the decision after Milt's funeral that I would not go to another Sealy funeral.  It was a hard decision to stand by because I felt no support from Neal.  But I knew what I had to do and I had to follow my deep feelings.  On the drive out to the temple I thought about how I was feeling.  Thoughts were swirling through my mind and the one most at the front was "Did I make the right decision to stay away."  As I was sitting in the session, still thinking about my feelings, they called those who would like, to come to the prayer circle.  As I sat in my chair and listened to the instructions, I knew immediately that I had, in fact, made the exact right decision and I felt completely at peace.  When I heard the words "If there is anyone in the circle who has unkind feelings for anyone here, we invite you to leave."  It was if the words were directed right at me.  Why would I go with unkind feelings for them and they for me, making the whole situation awkward and uncomfortable for everyone.

I always seem to get answers to my prayers, answers to my concerns and peace to my soul when I attend the temple.  As I came out of the temple I turned around and look at that beautiful building with tears in my eyes and noticed the American flag waving in the breeze.  I sent a prayer to Heaven of how thankful I was to live in this great land of promise, in this beautiful valley and so close to the temple.  What a happy moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment