Sunday, July 12, 2015

A nice surprise from Allen

While we are at the funeral home for the viewing of Janet, Allen (Annette's husband) came up to me and said he had something of Annette's that he wanted to give me.  Apparently he found a whole folder full of Annette's drawings and he said this one was the very best so he saved it for me.

Annette, like mother, was a talented artist.  She loved drawing in black and white and did a lot of pencil drawings.  I wondered what had happened to all of them.  Nice that Allen has kept them.  Interesting that it has taken him over 40 years to disperse some of her drawings to her three children.  I'm grateful that he has included me to receive one.  He told me not to tell Lila Mae that he gave me one, but I think she saw the exchange.  However, she never said anything and unless she brings it up, I will honor his wishes.  I miss you Annette and glad you left a little of yourself for me to look at and think of you.  Love, Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment