Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Sunday gathering of the Neal and Jeannine Maxfield clan.

Sunday morning, I was assigned to speak at a care center for their ward conference.  Tucker and Jamie and the girls along with Neal decided to go with me.  Their meetings are only 30 minutes long.  Peyton rode over with me a little ahead of the rest of the family, so she ended up sitting on the stand with me.  The meeting started at 10:30 and ended just a little after 11:00.  When it was over Peyton looked up at me and said, "Gam, that was sure short."  I agreed with her, not really trying to explain why the meeting was so short (because the elderly people cannot last much longer than 30 minutes).  She said, "Wow, Gam.  In my church the meetings are a lot longer!"  Cute that she recognized how very different the length of the meeting was even though we had an opening song, prayer, sacramanet song, sacrament, three (very, very short testimonies), a closing song and prayer.  We left nothing out, just shortened everything and of course we don't have sunday school or primary.

Lynda Ann was coming in from Wyoming and arrived just after we got home.  Of course everyone was excited to see everyone including Emmi and Peyton.


No comments:

Post a Comment