Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Called to a special committee

I got a call from the Stake President a couple weeks ago asking me if I would be willing to serve on a special committee that was very secret at this point.  He told me that our stake was struggling with the 7 wards and that boundaries need to be looked out and changed.  Last Tuesday night was our first meeting.  I was so excited that the stake president had shown the confidence in my by asking me to be a part of this group.  I didn't know who else was on the committee until Tuesday evening at our first meeting.  As I walked into the High Council Room I saw the Stake Presidency, President Little, President Springman and President Amos along with two High Councilman, Craig Cannon and Brother Workman and Bishop Smith, the Stake Executive Secretary.  I all of a sudden realized that 7 people were going to make the decision for 3000+ people in our stake boundaries.  It was an exciting and spiritual and humbling experience.  We made a few decisions that night but nothing permanent yet.  It looks like we are going from 7 wards to 5 wards and possibly a branch.  I will keep posting as things develop.  I might add here that President Little wants this all done and approved to be announced after General Conference in October.  He apparently has three bishops that have served their 5 years and he wants to hold them off for just a few more months until these boundary changes are announced.  Do I LOVE being the Stake RS President?  A resounding YES!  I'm so blessed, have learned so much, have grown so much, feel closer to my Father in Heaven.  What an incredible journey this calling has been for me.  I love he gospel and I relish in the knowledge that I am a daughter of God.  I wish everyone had that same belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment