Friday, July 24, 2015

Family prayer

There is always something very reassuring to me when we have family prayer before going on a trip or before sending our children on a trip.  This morning was spent gathering things throughout the house, starting loads of laundry, cleaning the wood floors, feeding everyone and then having family prayer to send Tucker, Jamie and the girls safely on their way to California.  I was fine until the prayer and then I could feel the tears starting to form and my emotions starting to take hold.  But, I pulled it together, mostly for Peyton's sake.  She was looking right at me and I thought if I let the tears spill over onto my cheeks it might upset her.  I quickly asked Jamie if she would take a selfie of all of us and that got us all smiling.  We love having them with us and will now start counting down the time that will bring us together again.  What a blessing this family is our lives.




Farewell dear family - we will see you in September!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment