Friday, July 17, 2015

Tucker, Jamie and the girls finally arrive!

The kids rolled in about 2:00 a.m. our time.  I went to bed at midnight and probably would not have heard them except that Tucker dropped something on the kitchen floor when he was putting stuff in the refrigerator.  I jumped out of bed and ran down to say hello.  I gave all of them a hug and slipped off to bed.  Little did I know that not long after I left Peyton and Lexi got sick.  Peyton threw up on and then Lexi threw up.  What a long night for Tucker and Jamie.  Jamie was also suffering from a rib that was out of place and so she was in a lot of pain.

I got up at 6:00 and went to work for three hours.  I knew they would all be sleeping in until 9:30 or 10:00.  When I got home I starting making bread.  The three girls all got their little gob of dough to form their own loaves.  The three small loaves are the ones the girls braided all by themselves.  Pretty creative.
Jamie was also braiding hair.  After the bread was done I took Jamie to a chiropractor to get her rib adjusted.  And from their we went to Apolo Burger to get lunch for everyone.
There is a great story here but I don't know that I can possibly explain how funny the incident was.  It had us all laughing until we couldn't breathe!  Neal came out and pulled up the footstool that goes with the chairs.  We all talked and visited while eating.  As we were finishing Neal started to lean back in his chair.  We all watched him lean back further and further and further until all of a sudden his feet popped up and hit the table and he finally realized he wasn't sitting in a chair and there was no back.  Jamie reached out and grabbed his hand and pulled him back up.  The rest of us were useless because we were laughing so hard we couldn't move.  Yes, it was another Neal moment.

Jamie and I ran to the store and got needed groceries for tomorrow and Sunday.  Then Tucker went out to eat with Maren and Greg while Jamie took it easy on the couch with a ice pack on her back.  James and Lyndsy brought River and Desmond over for me to tend.  But the three girls ended up being the tenders of Desmond.  They played with him all evening.  Desmond is very entertaining.  When I opened up the refrigerator, he found a can of diet coke on the bottom shelf of the door and immediately pulled it out and pretended to be drinking it and then he would put it back.  Every time I opened the door he would go right for the can, pull it out and pretend to drink it and then put in back.


Jamie has some more picture of the girls making bread.  As soon as I get them from her I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment