Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday

Today started out with a meeting with the High Council at 7:00 a.m.  Sometimes they hold these meetings at 6:30 and for some reason 6:30 just sounds horrible.  7:00 is doable!  It was a great meeting.  It ended at 8:30.  I headed home to get my thoughts together to speak at a Ward Conference.  With all the business that has to be conducted at ward conferences there usually isn’t a lot of time to speak and because we were at Olympus Ranch (a retirement center) we are really restricted to time.  So when I got up I simple bore my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and was happy to let President Little have the remaining short time that there was.

After I got home, I got a text and a picture of Jordyn Lyn giving her first talk in Sacrament Meeting.  I gave Tucker a bad time about taking pictures in the chapel which created some bantering going back and forth.  I had to smile that my granddaughter was speaking and I was speaking.  However, no one there to take a picture of me.  Can’t believe how much my grandchildren change in just a year.  Jordyn you are more beautiful than ever!  I wonder if they come and look at me and think, “Wow, Gam is sure getting old looking.”  I’ll just pretend that I don’t change from year to year and that they don’t notice the added wrinkles and gray hair!

IMG_0961

While I was sitting on the bed doing some stitching, I heard the thunder roll and heard the rain coming down and new with the sun shining in between the clouds we were due for our first rainbow of the season.  You know how I LOVE rainbows!  I ran outside with my camera and I wasn’t disappointed.  There arched over Mt. Olympus was not only one rainbow but two.  If you notice, one is mirrored of the other.  It’s times like this that I wish I had a fancy camera so I could really capture one of the beautiful miracles of God’s creations.

IMG_0963IMG_0964IMG_0968

No comments:

Post a Comment