Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24th–Pioneer Day

As I’m sitting here getting ready to post the pictures of the family this evening, I’m hearing fireworks going off all over the valley.  This morning I watched the parade on TV.  It is fun to see all the incredible floats that different stakes and wards have created. 

The family began gathering at the house around 2 p.m.  Cutlers arrived first followed by the Hintze’s, then the Goss family followed by the Gertsons.  I didn’t do a fancy meal nor did I set a fancy table.  We had sloppy Joe’s, and/or hotdogs along with a variety of fruits and veggies.  Maren brought her pasta salad, which was a hit as usual and Lyndsy brought her famous salsa and guacamole. Mindy made macaroons which were out of this world.  The kids swam and ate and swam and visited and swam some more.  Everyone seem to have a good time.

Here are some random pictures taken today:

IMG_0971IMG_0975IMG_0976IMG_6115IMG_6116IMG_6117IMG_6119IMG_6120IMG_6121IMG_6122IMG_6123

I had to take this one of Andrew who was wearing his swimming mask way to tight.IMG_0973

I made my famous watermelon ice cream dessert and forgot to serve it!  I felt really bad, but there wasn’t much I could do.  Everyone was gone by the time I realized that I still had it in the freezer.  I’ll have to make it again, maybe while Tucker and Jamie and the girls are here.  Jeff and Neal went golfing in the late afternoon after everyone had left so when they got back we sat around the table and had some ice cream dessert.  Fun day and I’m grateful for the pioneers who sacrificed so much to come to this valley and settle it.  It certainly did as the prophets foretold when they said the valley would “Blossom as a rose!”  So grateful for Brigham Young’s leadership and inspiration to bring the saints from persecution to a place where they could worship in peace.  Thankful for his words, “This is the place!”  I shall be ever grateful.  Happy Pioneer Day to all and to all a goodnight!

IMG_6124IMG_6125IMG_6126

No comments:

Post a Comment