Thursday, July 3, 2014

Father Quail Standing Guard

We have a county garden at the back of our building that has rows of strawberries, raspberries, and every vegetable you can imagine.  Every morning when I come to work I see the same Quail standing guard at the top of the post.  The closer you get to him the louder he gets.  One morning as I was walking toward him and he was squawking furiously I saw the mother quail and her little ones run across the sidewalk and under the raspberry bushes.  Now I understand his vigilance in guarding that part of the garden.  Every morning I seem to be greeted by the same little family with the father standing guard and warning them of the coming enemy!  I had to take a picture of him.

IMG_0874 

I couldn’t help but think how like our own lives this scenario is.  We have our Father In Heaven forever standing guard over us and sending warnings when danger approaches.  Hummm, I should write a talk!  Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment