Saturday, July 13, 2013

The mystery of the Lost Keys

It was about 5:30 and everyone was getting tired and hungry.  So everyone made one final jump off the diving board, or one final swim across to the lake or one final jump off the cliff.  We gathered up all our stuff and headed for the cars.  Taylor came running up to me and said, “Mom wants to know if you have her keys?”  I told her that she never gave them to me after she took them to go to the car.  But, just in case my memory had failed me, which seems to happen more and more often, Neal and I took the camp chairs apart to make sure they weren’t still in the pocket.  Nope, no keys to be found.  Finally Maren came to the parking lot and asked if I remembered anything about where the keys might be and I told her I didn’t.  So, she headed to the car and the next thing I heard was “Oh SHIT!”  She didn’t have to explain to me what that meant.  She could see her keys laying on the front seat of the car.  I think her comment when she came around to the back of the car was something like, “He’s going to kill me, or he’s going to be so mad at me”, something to that nature.  While she was waiting for Greg to come she remembered that he had hidden a key under the back bumper somewhere.  He had made numerous trips to Provo because she had locked the keys in the car.  She climbed under the car but couldn’t find any keys.

IMG_5512

About this time Greg came along and he also looked under the car but to no avail.  I have to hand it to Greg.  He was pretty calm about the whole thing!  Maybe because this has happened before?  They went off to find the police officer that was patrolling the beach on his four wheel.  While we were waiting, we encouraged James and Lyndsy and Jeff and Mindy to go ahead back to camp and get dinner going.  The police finally arrived.  He had to radio a Tow Truck to come and get their keys out.  About 30 minutes later the guy showed up, got the keys out, charged them (I think) $25.00 and we were on our way back to camp.  I will add here, that the policeman said that he wanted me to ‘shoot’ a picture to him so he could show it to his wife and make her jealous!  Nice compliment, Maren.  I would guess this may be the first time Maren has posed with a policeman with a smile on her face?  Am I right??

IMG_5513IMG_5514IMG_5515

Home again for another delicious dinner of hamburgers and hotdogs and a fun evening of resting and visiting.  One very tired and worn out little Boston!

IMG_5516IMG_5518

No comments:

Post a Comment