Saturday, July 13, 2013

The end . . . .

Well, children,  we’ve had another very fun and memorable reunion.  I acknowledge that it is a lot of work and takes a commitment to pull a reunion off every two years.  But, as I look back on all the ones we’ve had and think about the memories that have been created, the bonding that has taken place, the laugher that you share with each other and the fun that the grandchildren have had, I know that it is worth it. 

A BIG thanks goes to Lyndsy and James for all their work in planning and organizing.  You did a great job!!  James made the comment that after Neal and I were gone that there would be no more reunions.  I choose not to believe that.  My hope is that there will always be a time set aside that you will get together whether Neal and I are here or not. 

It is amazing to think that Neal and I will celebrate our  23 years together this month and you can all celebrate 23 years together as a blended family.  A family that has pulled together in so many ways, had problems and solved them and continued to care for one another and support each other.

I am grateful to be your mother.  Grateful to be the grandmother of 19 grandchildren and one more on the way.  I love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment