Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jan.2011 003

We brought in the New Year at the bridge center playing bridge.  There were 44 people there and everyone brought food to snack on.  Pot luck dinners are always interesting to me that they actually come out pretty balanced with main dishes and desserts.  It was a fun evening and a nice way to bring in the New Year – which, by the way, I think is a rather dumb holiday.  Even as a teenager I never got into the screaming and yelling “Happy New Year” and wearing hats and blowing horns, etc.  I loved the dances I always went to but when they started passing out all the paraphernalia for throw and blow when the clock struck twelve, that is when I would lose my enthusiasm.  It just seemed rather silly to me. 

Jan.2011 010

Neal and I were invited to spend New Years Day out at Lynda Ann’s.  She had all kinds of goodies to snack on and nice large screen TV that Santa brought them.  We played the four handed game along with some other games the kids got for Christmas.  Neal and Jeff also watched some football games on the big screen.  Of course Neal did his fair amount of sleeping while watching them.  

Jan.2011 011

This was the grand prize present given this year at Christmas.  Lynda Ann and Tucker had a water fight while canoeing at our family reunion this past summer.  Don’t know who started it or if there was a winner but they certainly had fun.  Glad someone had sense about them to grab a camera and snap a shot.  Tucker had the picture framed and gave it to Annie. 

   Jan.2011 008 

Emmi and I snuggling before leaving.

Jan.2011 005

No comments:

Post a Comment