Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wonderful idea borrowed from Nie Nie

I just read this on Nie Nie's post and thought what a great idea. She had a big glass jar with colored soft foam balls and had written a job on each one. The kids draw out of the jar and the rest is explained. Just had to post this because I thought it was such a creative way to get your kids to do jobs around the home.

"Asking my little children nicely to do things around the house wasn't cutting it anymore.I needed something genius. Something that would work. Something down right fun.So I came up with a plan.It had to do with colorful balls.And it had to work.
I wrote jobs down on the 50 soft golf ball sized balls. I have to admit coming up with 50 jobs became hard...after about the 25th one I was writing jobs such as:"hug sister" or "pick up 10 strands of Jimmy hair on the couch.

I am making a tally of all the jobs done, and whoever has the most tallies, gets to pick out a treat.Works for them, works for me. Hopefully this will last longer than a few weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment