Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My favorite dessert in the whole wide world!

Years ago, so far back in time that I don’t want to mention the date, let’s just say in the 70’s, we were living in a desert town called Trona.  Way out by Death Valley.  We had become good friends with the Washburn family.  One evening when we were over visiting I noticed AlDean (the father) putting ice cream and milk in a glass.  I decided to try it and have loved the combination ever since.  Any flavor ice cream in a glass, pour milk over it and chop it up with a spoon.  It is just like having a malt or shake and it is delicious and not so sweet and thick.  My favorite will always be Peppermint Candy.  You can usually only get it during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  One year I bought about 4 gallons, thinking I could have it for months.  Well, I learned that you can’t freeze ice cream indefinitely – it crystallizes and is nasty.  Now I just enjoy it while it is available in the stores.

Jan.2011 050

No comments:

Post a Comment