Friday, January 28, 2011

Isn’t it just amazing!

Isn’t it amazing how much can happen in your every day life that when you are blogging you feel a need to record.  I love this!

First of all, I wanted to remember two things that Neal and I inherited from his mother that will be passed along to our children (who are interested in them).  Mom’s silver and goblets.  I’m not terribly fond of the goblets, they are a little fancy for me, but, they are a keepsake for one of the girls who might be interested in them.  The silverware is also a bit on the gaudy side for me, but again, they may appeal to one of the girls and in the mean time I will use them on holidays in remembrance of mom and dad.

Jan.2011 130  Jan.2011 129

2nd –Today I had another facial from Lyndsy.  While I was standing at the counter I noticed her very own Evolve cards.  Now I know you may think this is silly right now, but think in 20 years when Lyndsy looks back at this picture and says, Oh, yes, I remember those business cards.  I’d forgotten what they looked like!  Then you won’t think it so silly that I had my trusty little camera with me and took a picture of them!  By the way, Lyndsy told me that tonight and tomorrow are her last classes and she will be done!  Congratulations Lyndsy!  I’m so proud of you and your accomplishments! 

Jan.2011 145

3rd:  We got this accounting in the mail of Neal’s last bout with a kidney stone.  He was in the emergency room for about three hours and look at this bill!  Didn’t know kidney stones were worth so much!!!  Hummm, seems like we should frame it or something.

Jan.2011 142

4th:  Neal was all excited this morning when he discovered his Hawaiian plant is finally going to produce a Bird of Paradise flower.  He waited nearly three years for this event.  As we looked at the plant we noticed there isn’t one but three blooms ready to pop out!  More pictures when they appear in full bloom.  This is a history moment.  Last summer Neal called into KSL garden talk show and asked them what the best thing to do to get his plant to flower and the announcer said, “Take it back to Hawaii.”  He had no advice for Neal.  So to have this thing finally bloom is almost a miracle!

Jan.2011 138 Jan.2011 139 Jan.2011 140

And lastly but certainly most importantly, Neal and I got this thank you in the mail from the Tucker Maxfield family.  Did it make my day?  Absolutely.  Did I shed a happy tear or two?  You know I did. 

Jan.2011 141

No comments:

Post a Comment