Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Already thinking about Christmas 2011

I’m not much of a bargain hunter and certainly don’t get excited about shopping sales.  But I have to think way ahead when it comes to the pajamas.  Every year I try and pick a theme.  One year I did plaids, another their favorite teams, another was all LDS theme material and last year was just random.  This year I want to do all Christmas and the best time to buy Christmas material is right after the holidays when all the flannel gets marked down to $1.75 a yard.  Much better that $4.00 and $5.00 a yard.  I usually start cutting out pajamas in March, start sewing in April or May and try and have them all put together by the first of the summer.  Of course I don’t do the hems on the sleeves or legs.  I have to wait until about October when I pull them all out of storage, get measurements from mothers and then begin putting the final touches to each pair.  It is a long process but usually very rewarding.  I know it would be much, much cheaper in money and time to just buy each grandchild a pair of pajamas and some of them might like that better, but I get such a satisfaction out of thinking about each child and matching up each chosen piece of material to their personalities.

 Jan.2011 044

We always give each family a book at Christmas.  I saw this book at Deseret Book and it was marked down considerably because it is a Christmas book.  Another great bargain.  The boxes behind the book were at Target for $1.00 a package.  One never has enough boxes.

Jan.2011 045

Patterns can be horribly expensive so I always watch for sales.  They can cost anywhere up to $10.00 or more.  I found these for $1.00.  That saved me a lot. 

Jan.2011 048 

Jan.2011 049

Jan.2011 046

Neal love to go to Western Nut right after Christmas to pick up some bargains there.  Cookies, candy and varieties of nuts. 

Jan.2011 047

Cute stocking stuffers for the grandchildren.  The nice thing about candy is that it keep for a long time, so storing them for a year won’t hurt them one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment