Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Visitors at our home

I was doing cleaning our wood floors and noticed under the grand piano this trail of sawdust piles.  I got down on my hands and knees to investigate and realized when I got close up that underneath each pile of sawdust was a little tiny hole.  As I looked more carefully around the house I found some more little piles in the entrance.  Neal called Ottley floor people who came right over and spent about an hour trying to find one of the little vermin.  But, no such luck.  What the determined we have is a beetle who lives in the trees.  When the trees are cut down and processed the beetles or larvae are destroyed.  But, sometimes, as in our case, they aren’t killed and eventually burrow their way out of the wood when they turn into flies.  Disgusting isn’t it.  We were relieved to find out that we didn’t have termites but are concerned that we have a bug living in our flooring!  Ottleys will watch it closely and if we have more out breakings they will have to come in and replaced the boards that seem to be a home for the vermin.  I actually investigated today under the piano and found two more little piles.  

 

IMG_0969 

IMG_0970 IMG_0971

No comments:

Post a Comment