Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some end of the year thoughts for 2010

Last night, feeling a happy glow as the Christmas celebration winds down, I was thinking about why I love Christmas so much.

Why do I rush about, sometimes becoming frustrated about the bustle and the time and money spent, and yet I secretly love every shining minute of it?  I decided it is because at this season, old and young alike come closer to living our Savior’s teaching - :Love one another” – than at any time of the year.  It seems there is concentrated love being generated in homes all over our land and could create a glow in the sky like the northern lights.  Everything we do for Christmas is an expression of love:  when we make a gift, as we take each careful stitch, or stir, or paint we think with tenderness of the one for whom it is meant.  As we decorate our homes, inside and out, we are giving the gift of beauty to all who see.  As we shop for the just-right present for each one on our list, each minute of time spent is a gift of love too.  When we address Christmas cards, we are sending a little bit of ourselves to say, “I love you.”    The smiles we give as we hurry about and say, “Merry Christmas!”

It is too bad our message of love can’t last all year.  But how wonderful that we dedicate ourselves to spreading His love for this one joyous season that brings family and friends nearer.

I’m am thankful for Christmas time to celebrate the birth of the Savior who loves us and spent His life teaching us to love one another.  I am grateful for my children and my grandchildren.  I am always grateful for the times that we all gather together as a family to catch up on happenings, experiences, lessons learned and especially watching the love that is extended between each family member.  I am blessed with a posterity that knows how to give from their hearts. 

Thank you all for making my journey in life so fulfilling and complete.  I love you ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment