Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thank you Maren!

Maren called a couple of night ago and invited Neal and I out to her house on Wednesday night for dinner and to make gingerbread houses. I was so looking forward to spending some time with the Cutlers. When I got home from work last night I found Neal snuggled up in bed. He was running a fever and said he just couldn't get warm. So, I had to call Maren and extend my apologies. I felt really bad that we had to cancel but I knew that Neal didn't feel good and I didn't want to expose Maren's kids to anything this close to Christmas. About 15 minutes after I talked to Maren, I get a call back from her asking if she could bring dinner in to Neal and I so I wouldn't have to cook! I was touched by her generosity of food but more of her time. It takes about 80 minutes round trip for her to bring dinner in. Thank you Maren for your thoughtful offer to bring dinner into us. We are so sorry we missed the gingerbread house decorating and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment