Monday, December 20, 2010

A Mindy Moment - I love her stories! She needs to write a book!!

This is an email that Mindy sent to me today and I just had to share it:

"You will laugh about this…

Sunday I walked in to church with Maddie about 10 minutes before the meeting was supposed to start so I could get the hymn numbers in the little holder thing (I’m sure it has a name, but it escapes this convert). The Bishop stopped me in the foyer and said, “I need to talk to you right now.” I said, “Ok” feeling a bit like I was being called into the principal’s office. Then he started talking to someone else, went into the clerk’s office and shut the door. So I stood there looking like a whipped puppy. Maddie even said, “Mom, are you in trouble?” I told her I didn’t think so, but then again, who knows.

A couple of minutes later, Bishop came out and led me by the arm into the chapel. He sat me down on the last row and said, “Because of your unique talents and gifts, I really need your help.” You can imagine what was going through my head. I think I may have lost a few “points in heaven” because of some of the four letter words I was thinking. Anyway, Bishop then says, “One of our narrators for today’s Christmas Program is sick and we need you to fill in.” Whew! Sigh of relief. I thought he was going to call me to be scout leader or something! I said I’d be happy to help. It was a great program!

Then I found out that the YW President has been arguing with the Bishop for 2 months about having me as the Camp Director. He won’t release me from either of my other callings. I have two callings – Music Chairperson and Visiting Teaching Supervisor and I don’t do ANYTHING as far as the VT supervisor goes because I don’t have any Sisters on my “list” to call!!! So, there you have it. I guess the Bishop really, really wants me to lead the music. He must know something I don’t. "

No comments:

Post a Comment