Friday, September 3, 2010

Stake Relief Society Presidency

From left to right: Linda - secretary, Emily - 1st Counselor, Lisa - 2nd Counselor and me - President. Organized sustained on Mother's Day.


When the Stake Clerk called our home a week prior to meeting with the Stake President I knew immediately that I was going to be called as the Stake Relief Society President. I had know idea that the current presidency was being released so the thought was total inspiration. I have to acknowledge that the Holy Ghost is giving us time to prepare to accept the callings. There have been so many times in my life when I have been asked to serve and I already knew what I was being called for. I certainly needed a little preparation time for this one. The Lord and I had some lengthy discussions and after going to the temple - I was convinced. After the calling was extended, I went home with a very humble and prayerful heart. Now, I needed to choose my counselors and secretary and President Parry asked me to consider sisters that were not in my home ward. I was given a roster of all the current temple endowed sisters in the stake. The process for me was humbling, enlightening and in some ways, a miracle. The Lord certainly had a hand in helping me choose the sisters that were to be called. That was very evident. We have now been serving a little over three months and have grown together as a unified presidency. Each one brings their own strengths and when you combine those strengths it is amazing what can be accomplished. How grateful I am for this calling and the spiritual growth that I can see happening.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great picture! I love this experience you had prior to being called.

    ReplyDelete