Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An evening with the Gertsons kids

Emmi, Pa and Hayley playing scrabble.

Lynda Ann and Jeff were given 7 free tickets to the circus on a Friday afternoon - showtime - matinee. The kids loved the circus and each one couldn't wait to tell me what was the most exciting act they saw or the most exciting animal show. It was all very exciting to hear about it. Lynda Ann said that they also had two free movie tickets and I would I mind tending the kids. Of course I told her that was fine and off the two of them went to the movies. So our evening consisted of a number of activities going on in the house. Mallory, Abby and Andrew played downstairs with the blocks and doll house along with watching a movie. Emmi wanted to play scrabble with me and of course, our Einstein, Hayley wanted to play as well. I really think Emmi's goal is to someday beat me at scrabble. As smart as she is, I don't suspect that achievement is too far off. Hayley actually did a really good job. She needed a little help from Pa but I was amazed at how many words she was able to create on her own.


When Jeff and Annie returned we played a game called "Nickles to Nickles". The game ended about 11:30 and the Gertson's loaded up and headed home. It was a fun evening with the children and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment