Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just some thoughts

I can't seem to get the Cutler experience out of my mind. I keep thinking what a tragedy that whole event could have been. They could have lost their entire home and all the contents in just a few short minutes. And yet, their home was untouched by the fire and smoke. No damage of any kind. Maren related to me the events of those three days they were evacuated. Can you imagine having the police knock on your door and tell you that you have just an hour to gather what you need or want and leave. One hour isn't very long. I've thought a lot since then about family preparedness and how crucial it is to have your house in order. Maybe this is a wake up call for our family to think about what we need to do to be ready for any kind of disaster that may come. Maybe it is time to make sure our house is in order. Our spiritual, emotional and physical house. I talked to Maren to day to see how she was doing and she said that they are still recovering. They had piles of laundry that she had just finished but are still trying to get their house put back together. I can't express how grateful I am for their safety, the safety of their home and their well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment