Sunday, August 1, 2021

Update - Stitching Projects

 I am working on and have been working on and will be working on for some time to come, my new project.  Often times people will ask me "How long does it take you to do a sampler?"  I never know how to answer that question because I've never kept track.  I've actually tried to mark on a paper every time I sit down to stitch but I don't always remember.  I've also timed how many stitches I can do in a minute and then multiply that by counting how many stitches are in a pattern.  Obviously, that doesn't come up with any kind of accuracy.  So my answer usually falls back to, "Well, it takes hours and hours."  Seriously, that is the best I can tell people.  So much depends on how many times I have to change the thread to a different color, how many times I have to stop and recount the row or object I'm working on, how many times I have to tie off a row and restart another, how big the pattern is, and if it is a solid pattern with few changes or if it is a pattern with many objects throughout and on and on.  And, of course, how many evenings in a week I actually have the time to sit down and sit for a good length of time and how tired my hands get.  So I've found the only way to kind see how long it takes me to do a project is to post the beginning and each month post what I've accomplished in the month.  

It is August 1st and time to post a picture of my progress so far.  This is the project I started a couple months ago.

This is the progress I have made up to today.  It is always fun to compare where I was last month when I posted and where I am this month when I post.  Happy stitching!  Stitching always makes me happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment