Saturday, August 14, 2021

Six Month Mark

 I got a birthday card in the mail from Abby wishing me a happy birthday and letting me know that she has reached her six month mark.  I have to be careful when I write her that I don't tell her that it seems like forever since she has been gone and that we all miss her terribly.  Don't want to make her homesick.  Abby did her MTC at home and followed all the mission rules and then off to California where she has met many people, created many memories and above all is serving her Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know Abby will continue to feel great joy as she serves the people in California and as she continues to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  In Preach My Gospel the First Presidency says "There is no work more motivating than this, nor is one that brings greater satisfaction.  The Lord will reward and bless you immensely as you serve Him with humility and prayer."  

"Fear not, be of good cheer.  The future is as bright as your faith."  Thomas S. Monson

Apprently they saw a HUGE cockroach or spider in their apartment.  Not sure which.  All of them up off the floor!!!

My birthday message.

What a sweet message from my little namesake missionary!  Love you so much, Abby.  

She who "publishes peace, good tidings of good and testifies that Thy God Reigneth!"  Mosiah 15:14


No comments:

Post a Comment