Sunday, August 8, 2021

Quilting Day

 Friday I decided to take, what I call, a mental health day.  I have a quilting project that I wanted to get done and ready for Lila Mae's birthday and Lynda Ann has a couple projects she wants help with so I decided that I should get mine done and out of the way.  I was going to go to work for a half a day and when I got up that morning decided I would just take the whole day off.  I did some cleaning around the house and then had Neal help me get the long frames down from the loft in the garage.  I set up the frames and began my project.  This is the material that Lila Mae picked out for her quilt.  she loves the red truck with a Christmas tree in the back.

The back is a red and green polka dot with a white background.  Goes absolutely perfect with the front.  The yarn that I chose to tie it with is red with a sparkly thread running through it.  Very Christmas looking.
If you look closely, you can see the sprakle.
This is after it was all tied.  Now I'm going to take it to Sally Curtis and she will put a plain red biding around the edges.  It will be very festive!

Setting up the frames.  Old stands but new boards.


No comments:

Post a Comment