Saturday, July 31, 2021

Birthday Saturday

 It isn't officially my 77th birthday yet but I did get to celebrate a couple days early.  Today Annie, Hayley, Mallory and I met Lila Mae and Susan at Joe Vera's Mexican Restaurant for lunch.  This is a great Mexican food place in downtown Provo that we all love.  We each enjoyed a great lunch and got caught up and the happenings of the Maxfields, Johnsons and Gertson families.  Seems to be a lot going on in all three families and because we haven't seen each other for a while there was a lot to tell.  Our lunch was delicious and the laughter and conversation priceless.  I love these kind of days.  Susan is with us but we know that we are not allowed to take her picture and so we instructed our waiter not to include her.  You can see her arm :-)

I was spoiled with lots of fun surprised for my birthday.  Susan gave me a new Easter wreath for my front door.  I had mentioned to her this last Easter that the wreath I had, which was a carrot, was so faded that it needed to be sent to the landfill.  She remembered that and had her friend make me a new one.  Absolutely LOVE it.  Now I have to wait until the Easter month to hang it.  

Susan also gave me a Roxberry gift certificate.  Neal and I both love Roxberry!  And she gave me some licorice, which I love.
Mallory surprised me with a new phone case that I LOVE!!  There is a story that goes with it.  When she gave it to me, I unwrapped it and when I looked at it I thought it was a butter dish and I couldn't imagine why Mallory would give me a butter dish.  But my brain finally kicked into gear and I realized it was a new phone cover and I was so happy and so very excited.  Yup another funny moment with Gam that my grandchildren will have to remember me by.  At least I do have a good sense of humor and I recognize how clueless I can be at times.  But they all love me in spite of myself. :-)  Thanks Mallory, I love my new butter dish!!!!!!   jk
As we were driving home and just before getting on to I-15 to head back to Salt Lake, Annie spotted the new Orem Temple.  I quickly snapped a picture.  It is just West of the freeway.
Lila Mae gave me my very most favorite lotion from Bath and Body.  Maren is the one who first introduced me to it and I have love it and used it ever sense.  
This is the card that my sweet granddaughter gave to me.  She knows that I love Pooh and when you read the Winnie The Pooh books, you can find volumes of words of wisdom in them.  Thank you Mallory for your love and personal message to me.  



That concluded our day of lunching and shopping.  I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who love me and care about me.  What a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment