Sunday, August 22, 2021

Homeless Week

 They have, what they call at BYU, student homeless week.  The semester has ended and students are either moving out permanently or they may be moving to a different apartment.  Of course there are many students who are renewing their contract for another year and staying in the same apartment.  For those who are moving out, the landlords have to come in and clean and they need a week to do that.  Consequently students who are moving from one contract or complex to another have a week where they don't have a place to live.  Mallory, who is changing apartments found herself in the same situation so she called and asked if she could stay with us for 4 days until her new place was ready for her.  The only sad thing was that she couldn't bring Brinkley.  He would have to go to Stansbury and stay with Annie and family.  Mallory works full time at a law firm and the commute would be much cheaper (gas wise) and a much shorter distance.  I loved having her here.  It was like old times.  We were off doing doing something each evening.  Our most fun was getting pedicures.  I even, with encouragement from Mallory, stepped out of my pink comfort zone and had blue polish on my toes.  We both had little flowers painted on our toes.  After, we drove to Coasta Vida and got dinner for the three of us.  It was a fun, relaxing and decorative evening.  




I also had a picture of my toes and Mallory's toes but somehow I've lost it.  I'll have to get Mallory to send it to me.  Her toes were more of a soft sea green blue color with a flower and a little jewel in the center of the flower.  Pedicures are the best!!!  Even at my age it is nice to have your feet all scraped, trimmed, scrubbed, lotioned up and painted!  We had such a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment