Saturday, August 14, 2021

Another BYU Cougar!

 I got a call from Mallory last night telling me that she has been accepted at BYU starting in January 2022.  Very exciting times for her and a very happy grandmother.  It is always nice when you have some one who goes to your favorite college.  I attended for 2 1/2 years and loved every minute of it.  Probably, truth be known, I loved the social life more than the studies, but I did love the college life and being on campus.  I worked at Barbizon Clothing Factory for a year after I graduated from Provo High School so I could save and earn enough money to attend the Y.  I've often wished that I had finished my education there and received a 4 year degree, but as mother used to say, "If wishes were horses , beggars would ride.  If turnips were watches, I'd wear one by my side. If 'ifs' and 'ands' were pots and pans, There'd be no work for tinkers's hands."   The meaning is that if wishing could make things happen, then even the most destitute people would have everything they wanted.  

Anyway, I'm so excited for Mallory.  She is working at a law office and will continue to work there and live in Provo and attend the Y.  Such happy news!



Happy Cougar Days ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment