Monday, August 2, 2021

Birthday Dinner

 Neal and I were invited to Ron and Judy's to celebrate my birthday.  Judy is a gourmet cook and loves making fancy dishes.  Seriously, it is like going to the most expensive restaurant you can imagine when you eat at her house.  She had called me a couple weeks ago and asked me what my favorite dinner was and I told her that I loved her meat loaf dinner and her shrimp dinner and basically everything she has ever cooked.  It was hard to narrow my choice down to just one favorite.  Then she asked me what my favorite dessert was and I told her that I love her chocolate mud, her rice pudding and her creme brulee.  She would have to pick which one she wanted to make as all three of them require time.  I also mentioned that I loved her tomato pie.  We got to their home about 4:00 and she had dinner ready to put on the table and she totally out did herself.  Dinner was amazing and we were all so full and our taste buds completely satisfied.

Here we are with the tomato pie.  It is absolutely the most delicious pie one could ever eat.

This is a picture of the meat loaf along with the sauce that goes on top accented with broiled carrots and asparagus and mashed potatoes on the side.  Dinner was beyond my expectations and certainly measured up to Judy's gourmet cooking!
After we ate, we played bridge for a couple hours and then Ron and Judy brought in the desserts.  She had made all three of them!  I couldn't believe it.  She said she put a small amount in each dish so we could eat all three.  However, as we started eating we realized that even those small amounts were to rich to eat them all so we took bites of each dessert and Neal and I brought our left over's home.  
The red dishes hold the chocolate mud, The white dish with the raspberries is the creme brulee, and the clear glass dish with the cinnamon on top is the rice pudding.  Talk about a gourmet dessert bar!  OMYGOSH.  The whole experience was to remember for a long time!
Thanks to Ron and Judy for an incredibly fun evening and the most delicious food ever!  


No comments:

Post a Comment