Friday, August 6, 2021

A Memorable Day

 The history and friendship with Judy Stanfield goes clear back to when Lynda Ann was in the 6th grade.  Judy was the principal at Crestview Elementary.  I could already see my future not being stable and possible some drastic changes in my life.  I knew that I needed to think seriously about getting back into the employment world.  I had been working part time in the library at the school and also substituting in classrooms.  Judy encouraged me to apply with Granite School District for the principal's secretary at Crestview.  She had been notified that her secretary was moving on to another job.  Judy also spent a lot of time talking to my about my situation with my marriage.  Because of her, my self esteem was being repaired and my confidence slowly restored.  She hired me as her secretary and I worked with her through the summer months.  She was then transferred to the School District Offices in the Human Resources Department.  She needed a secretary so was able to have me transferred from Crestview to the District Offices.  I work with her until she was transferred to Evergreen Jr. High.  As the years went on and she was moved around Granite School District to higher paying positions she always managed to get me moved with her.  Our last place of employment together was at the Winter Olympics.  Our friendship has bonded tightly over the years.  Ron and Judy and Neal and I all married the same year and have continued to be fast friends.  We love bridge, golfing and traveling together.  I thought it would be fun to have Lynda Ann compile pictures in a book to give Judy for Christmas.  I also decided that I needed to have pictures of our working journey together so we spent the day yesterday traveling from school to school and getting pictures.  After we had lunch at Subway and talked and laughed about so many fun times.  A friendship like this one should always be enjoyed and never taken for granted.  






I still have to get one more of us with the Olympic symbols.  We worked at the Olympics for 2 years together.  The assignments of typing up stuff for her hasn't changed over the years.  She still calls me frequently asking me if I will type things up for her.  I love that I'm still her secretary and her friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment