Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 Today Lynda Ann and I traveled to Provo to hear Mallory speak in Sacrament Meeting.  We left here about 7:50, picked up Mallory in Provo and from there to BYU campus where she meets for her meetings.  She gave an excellent talk.  These are some of the highlights of her talk:

"Actively living the gospel instead of practically living the gospel."  We are all members but are we just members or are we actively living the gospel and participating in all the gospel has to offer.

"Testimony vs. Conversion.  Never fall away.  Be true to the gospel of Jesus Christ."

"Apply the atonement twenty-four / seven.  The atonement never runs out."

"Stop blaming others for your circumstances.  Do the right things every day."

One of my favorites:  "Selective obedience brings selective blessings."

"Sometimes we sleepwalk on the path.  Wake up and live it."

"We should know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel."  Bednar

"The Savior's standard is clear and simple. . . 'If ye love me, keep my commandments.'

And I LOVE this one by Abraham Lincoln:  "When I do good I feel good.  When I do bad I feel bad."

We took a couple fun pictures and then after the meeting we stopped and had lunch with Mallory before heading back to Salt Lake and Stansbury.  Perfect way to spend a Sabbath morning!  

We went past Emmi's Life Science Building and had to stop and take a picture to send to Emmi.  

Mallory, your talk was amazing as are you!!  Thanks for inviting us to come.  I'll end this Sunday post with this saying:

"You can't have faith in Christ unless you know who he is and what he did."   

No comments:

Post a Comment