Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Surprise in the mail

I came home from work today and there in the mail was a Valentine present from Susan.  She knew that I had been looking for True Grit with John Wayne.  I had it in VHS but who watches a VHS movie these days.  True Grit is a classic and the movie directors just can’t better the old movies in my way of thinking.  I’m sure the younger generation would probably have a different opinion.  Thanks, Susan and Happy Valentine’s Day to you!

  February.2011 004

February.2011 003

Neal’s bird of paradise in full bloom.  Isn’t it gorgeous!

February.2011 005

This is the second bloom just getting ready to pop out. 

February.2011 006

P.S.  Jeff H. called to chat with me and check up on me.  He calls me almost every week just to tell me he loves me and see how I’m doing.  It reminds me of my brother Buster.  I remember mother saying that Buster would call her every Saturday just to say “Hi” and see if she needed anything.  I don’t think Buster ever told mother that he loved her – in fact, I’m certain of it.  But, the fact that he called her each week conveyed the same message.  I’m glad my children can say “I love you” as well as show they do by their actions.

Thanks for calling me Jeff, I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment