Sunday, February 13, 2011

My ‘little’ OCD or CDO if you put the letters in the right order!

There are a few things that I just can’t stand and one of them is having a little bit of food in a big container.  My son-in-law, Jeff G., gives me a bad time always about my obsession with wasting space in the fridge!  The other day I was fixing some left over's for Neal and I and notice that during the preparation I was getting out smaller containers and transferring food into more compact dishes.  I had to chuckle and had to take a picture.  I agree that most people would probably just take out what they needed and then put the lid back on and put it back in the fridge continuing that procedure until the container was empty.  I just can’t do it.  I’ve tried, but every time I open that refrigerator door I immediately see the the need to minimize.  Does it take more of my time?  Yes.  Does it create more dishes to wash and put away?  Yup.  But do I feel better when it is done?  Absolutely.  Am I a neat freak?  Nope.  Do I have to have everything in order and in it’s place?  Hmmmm, kind of.  Would I call myself a perfectionist?  Quite frankly and honestly NO – not even close.  But I have to admit, I do like fitting food in just the right size containers.  Do I have other ‘little’ OCD quirks?  Probably, but I don’t need to confess everything at once, do I?

February.2011 011 February.2011 010

No comments:

Post a Comment