Sunday, July 18, 2021

Midway Excursion

 Saturday Lynda Ann, Emmi, Mallory and Hayley and I drove to Midway to visit with Susan.  Susan has had a rough go of it for the past month and we had not seen her since she had surgery and a little complication after.  This was the first year in years that we didn't spend the 4th of July in Midway with Lila Mae.  With Susan's surgery, we decided that she need the time to rest and get better and didn't need a crowd of people coming that she and Lila Mae would worry about.  While we were there I had Emmi take a picture of Lila Mae and I.  I've had a picture of the two of us every 4th of July and needed to capture one for 2021.  This picture was taken on her front porch.  


Now this is a photo that I would be in huge trouble for taking.  Susan does not allow people to take pictures of her.  We have so few and there may come a time when she isn't around to sneak any so I had to take advantage of this moment.  She thought I was taking a picture of the stuffed "uterus" that someone gave her.  That is why she is holding it way out away from her.  I included her in it but she didn't know I did.  Oh I should say that her surgery was a hysterectomy, thus the uterus!  Susan is 65 in this picture.  Just for posterity sake.
We had a great time having lunch together and visiting for a while.  We headed back, making a stop at the Park City Outlets where Annie and Emmi found some treasures and Mallory, Hayley and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment