Thursday, July 8, 2021

4th of July Surprise!

 Emmi had a plan to come home earlier than expected and surprise everyone.  She called me long before her arrival date to let me in on the secret and help her plan her homecoming surprise.  She arrived in Salt Lake City on the 4th of July at noon.  Everyone in her family thought she would be coming in on the 8th of July.  I invited Mallory to come in early and help me get ready for the family dinner.  Most of the family wasn't expected until around 3 or 4 that afternoon.  Mallory got here at 1:30 and I mentioned to her that I wanted to take some pictures of her and Brinkley out in the back yard.  We went out the back door and Emmi sneaked out the front door.  Just as we were ready to take pictures Emmi jumped out and Mallory ran to hug and greet her sister.  It was such a fun surprise.


The next group to arrive was Maren and her family and Lyndsy.  Emmi hid and then came out to surprise them.  It was so fun to see the surprise on everyone's faces when the saw Emmi.  About 30 or 40 minutes later Lynda Ann and Hayley arrived followed shortly after by Jeff and Andrew.  It was a happy and tearful time for all.




After everyone was greeted and surprised we sat down for dinner which consisted of hoggie sandwiches, fruit and salad.  I also made the water melon ice cream surprise.






It was such a fun gathering in so many ways.  Fun to be able to have the family getting together again after a long separation from COVID.  Fun to hear the laughter and all the talking and fun to play games after.  I am so grateful for my family and so thankful that we can all get together once again!
Happy 4th of July 2021.  I love America!!



No comments:

Post a Comment