Saturday, July 3, 2021

The Murray Parade

We have lived here for 19 years and have never gone to the Murray 4th of July parade.  Lyndsy text us this morning and told us that Sunshine was marching with the Murray High Band so we decided this was the hear to go and find out what this parade was like.  It goes down State Street from Fashion Place Mall to Murray Park.  Not a long route and not a long parade.  It started about 8:30 with the jets flying over and on their way to fly over the Provo parade.  We got there a little early so we walked the distance of the parade.  Of course Neal was talking to people all along the way.  I stayed a bit behind.

I love that they always start the parades with the flags.  Always, always makes me teary as I put my hand on my heart and watch the flag go by.  And now with Emmi in the Navy I'm even more emotional!
Love that they had the firemen, the policemen and first responders in the parade.  Everyone clapped for them and cheered them.
I just thought this was interesting.  This guy had a boat load of all kinds of trinkets to sell the little ones in the crowd.  I've never seen a parade vender like this before.
I took a picture of the Murray High School Band.  Sunshine is on the front row playing the trombone.  3rd one over in the white shorts and pink hair.
Second one over in this picture.
And, of course, had to take a picture of Neal with Captain Marvel!
Now this picture below has a story.  I thought I would rest myself on the chain that was surrounding the car dealership.  I sat on it for a couple minutes and all of a sudden I found myself on my back on the ground.  No, I didn't break the chain but my 115 pounds pulled the chain through the loops on the top of the poles and down I went.  I had people ask if I was okay.  Even had a policeman walk over to give me a hand.  I got right up and didn't need anyone's help.  Even if I had been hurt I would have kept that to myself.  But I didn't except for my pride.  I was also a bit humiliated.  Goodness.  
We had fun at the parade and when it ended we walked over to Roxbury and got a smoothie.  Delicious on a hot 4th of July morning.  I think the temperatures reach 100 today.  We are in for a hot summer.  No complaints from me :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment