Friday, July 23, 2021

31 Years

 Neal and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary.  It is amazing that we have actually had 31 years together.  We are both in our retiring years and are looking forward to next year bringing a close on our working years.  Our actual anniversary was on Saturday but I had made plans to spend the day with Lila Mae and Susan and we knew that Market Street would be packed on a Saturday night, so we postponed our annual dinner at Market Street for Monday evening.  The restaurant was still crowded but we got there about 5:30 and easily had a table available for us.  We both ordered salmon and enjoyed a delicious dinner and a fun evening together.  We came home and watched a movie before calling it a night.  I love that we always go to Market Street every year and celebrate.  Neal bought me some BYU products.  I'm sure it was a bit hard to go in the BYU Bookstore and spend money there but he did a good job and I love him for it.  


Neal bought me my own BUU chair, a 32 oz. container, and a 24 oz. container and a pack pack that lined to keep food cold.  I guess if I wanted to take my lunch to work I could use it.  That is what Neal had in mind when he bought it.  I thought that was very thoughtful.  Not sure I will ever have a need to haul my sandwich and drink in it but maybe it will come in use if we were to go with one of our families up in the mountains for a day and we needed to take our lunch.  I'm sure it will come in use.

We've had lots of fun and lots of hard hills to climb through our 31 years but we've made it this far and will continue to tackle the fun stuff and the hard stuff.  We are both very healthy so hopefully will have lots more time together.  Happy 31 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment