Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 Abby has been having some challenges on her mission.  Her first companion wasn't the best for her but now she has been transferred and has two new companions and apparently everything is going fabulously for the three of them.  The other issue is that Abby is having trouble with her hearing.  She has been to a hearing center in California and is schedule for an MRI this week to see if they can figure out what is causing her hearing loss.  I can't imagine what it must be like to go on a mission.  You leave everything you know and love behind to venture into the unknown, get used to a different climate, food, companion and people.  I'm proud of all young people and older couples who have the courage to put in their papers and accept their call.  But I will speak to just Abby.  How proud I am of her for overcoming any fears she may have had and doing it.  I hope she knows that she has the encouragement and support of all of us.  I am so thankful that Abby has the testimony and strength to trust in her Heavenly Father and take the missionary challenge.  I know she will be grateful and proud of the hardships she may endure. 

Here is a quote from Ronald A. Rasband.  "At this time in your life, a mission call from the Lord, my young friends, is the most important work that you can do."

If that statement is true, and I really believe that it is, then I can't be anything but happy for Abby.  She is in my heart and my thoughts and prayers ALWAYS!!  And she is doing it for Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment