Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 As I watch some of the Maxfield posterity struggle with the church I become more and more concerned about their happiness and where their lives are headed.  I've watched sadness envelop Neal as one by one his children are leaving the gospel behind.

I read a statement by Jeffrey R. Holland who said, "The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a fairy tale, it is God's very truth.  We need to live by obedience in the morning. diligence in the afternoon and miracles in the evening."  

Sometimes it is hard to move on beyond all your doubts.  You say you have doubts of the first vision, Joseph Smith, the priesthood being withheld from all God's children for a while, etc.  But to all of that I would say leave those doubts all behind and move forward in faith.  

Jesus Christ is the head of this church.  I have a testimony of that and know that His church had to go through years of refinement and will continue to be refined until the second coming of our Savior.  


No comments:

Post a Comment