Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Thoughts

 I was reading an article about a game of answering a question and you could move forward if you answered right and you had to move back a step if you answered wrong.  It reminded me of the childhood game that we used to play called Simon Says.  It was basically the same idea.  

I thought about it and realized that often our lives are a bit unsettled and with the pandemic and the chaos in the world right now it feels like I go a step forward only to take three or four steps back.  I am grateful that I know I have the Lord in my life.  With the Lord all our efforts are a step forward and NEVER a step back.  I am grateful for this knowledge.  

President Nelson gave direction on facing the challenges we have today by seeking pure truth, strengthening our spiritual foundation, and making time for the Lord.  He said, "There has never been a time in the history of the world when knowledge of our Savior is more personally vital and relevant to every human soul."

Some other thoughts from General Conference:

President Henry B. Eyring:

"I know from experience that answers will come to fit your needs and your spiritual preparation.  If you need an answer that is important to your eternal welfare or that of others, the answer is more likely to come.  Yet, even then, you may receive - as did Joseph Smith - the answer to be patient."

President Dallin H. Oaks:

"Members who forgo Church attendance and rely only on individual spirituality separate themselves from these gospel essentials:  the power and blessings of the priesthood, the fullness of restored doctrine, and the motivations and opportunities to apply that doctrine."

And the Final Word from President Russell M. Nelson:

"It is now time that we each implement extraordinary measures - perhaps measures we have never taken before - to strengthen our personal spiritual foundations.  Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures . . . . So, I ask each of you:  'How firm is your foundation?  And what reinforcement to your testimony and understanding of the gospel are needed?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment