Saturday, October 16, 2021

Another Granddaughter turns a year older

 Mallory celebrated another birthday and Neal and I were invited to celebrate it with her.  Her family, along with Neal and I met Mallory at the Brick Oven in Provo where we enjoyed a delicious dinner of pizza, salads, soup and a birthday dessert.  


It is always a bit nostalgic to go to the Brick Oven because this was a hang out for me, friends and dates on the weekends.  Their menu has changed very little over the years and still seems to be just as popular now as it was back in the 50's.  
Mallory has such a great love for Brinkley that when I saw this little wooden figure of girl and dog, I just had to get it for her.  
Mallory is working at a law firm and is registered to begin school at BYU in January.  She will continue to work part time and go to school full time.  Sounds ominous to me but then I'm 77 and she is still young with a whole life ahead of her.  I have to add here that Mallory told us that her work gave her a matching sweater set for her and Brinkley and a professional photo shoot for her and Brinkley.  What an amazing birthday gift.  Perfect for her.  This law firm that she works for has been incredibly generous and good to her.  They paid her first 3 months rent on her new apartment and have twice given her $500.00 gift certificate to buy business attire clothes.  They do this for all their employees.  Pretty fancy place she works at.  

Happy birthday my little missionary!  Hugs forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment