Sunday, October 3, 2021

Fun Saturday

 Saturday was a fun day.  I got up fairly early and got all my laundry done and folded, cleaned the bathrooms and listened to the morning session of general conference.  I also wanted to get the china hutch changed out and the table centerpiece redone for Fall.  



Our home is now ready to enjoy the Fall and a little bit of Christmas Season.  

Annie called about noon and said that she was making some gnomes that afternoon (which I wanted some of) and going up Settlement Canyon to see the Fall leaves.  I had just finished with the china hutch and my cleaning, Neal was busy doing school stuff that day so I drove out to Stansbury.  Lynda, Mallory, Hayley and I drove through Tooele headed toward the canyon.  We all wanted a drink so we stopped at Guzzle on the way (which is the same as Fizz or Swig - with the lines just as long).  We drove up the canyon and the leaves were absolutely a painting of reds, greens, yellows and pink.  Absolutely gorgeous.  The sun was out, the sky was a bright blue which only enhanced the Fall colors.  It's times like this that I'm so thankful that I live in Utah where we can enjoy the colors of the changing seasons.


We even ran into a herd of cows.  Two of which had decided to lumber across the road at their own slow and 'I don't care' pace.  I had to smile when I saw them taking their time because I thought back when I was younger, I would spend my summers at Lila Mae's and one of my jobs was to herd the cows into the barn for milking.  Believe me, you can't hurry a cow!

After the canyon ride we took Andrew to work and then stopped at the grocery store, JoAnn's and the Coasta Vida and back to Annie's.  We had lunch and then started on the gnome project.  Annie was measuring and cutting hats, I was hemming and sewing the hats together and Mallory was turning the hats inside out.  We also had to cut beards and trim.  We worked on them until 7:30 and I could tell that Annie was exhausted.  She had worked the night before and was running on 3 hours of sleep.  We got a lot accomplished but there is still a lot of gluing and wiring to be done.  I love that Annie has her grandmother Ross's spiritual genes for arts and crafts.  She is amazing.
Mallory and Annie had Hayley making Fall leaves bookmarks.  Everyone was involved in doing something creative.  Even Jeffrey was putting together a puzzle!

When I rolled into bed last night I felt like I had run a marathon and I know Annie did as well.  A long day but tons accomplished.  I closed my eyes feeling very happy and satisfied and fulfilled.  I'm happy and life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment