Sunday, October 10, 2021

Fun Saturday

 Lila Mae's 90th birthday is this week and even though her daughters are hosting a 90th birthday celebration for her Annie and I wanted to take her to lunch like we ordinarily would for her birthday.  Saturday was the usual day that we all get together so Annie, Mallory and I drove up to Midway and took Lila Mae and Susan to lunch.  The drive up the canyon was still gorgeously breath taking with the changing of the season.  Interestingly we had rain, sunshine, and even some snow at the top of Parleys. 






Lila Mae is obsessed with the drawings of the red pickup truck with the Christmas tree in the back.  I found some material and Annie and I made her a quilt.  While I was shopping at Costco, I happened to notice some flannel sheets with the same pattern so got those for her.  She loved her quilt and the sheets to match.  Her birthday is actually the 14th of October which is this coming Thursday and her party is Sunday the 17th so there will more pictures to post.  Happy 90th dear sister.  I LOVE you!!
Susan surprised Annie with an early Christmas present.  She wanted her to enjoy the Santa Clause Gnome through the holidays.  

It was such a fun day.  After lunch we went back to Lila Mae's and looked through some pictures that she had stored in a box.  Some of those pictures go way back in time and some I had never seen before.  I will post some of those in the future.  But not today.  We got home about 5:30, just in time for Mallory to freshen up and go to her missionary reunion in downtown Salt Lake.  

It was a great day except for the fact the BYU lost their game to Boise State.  Boo Hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment