Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things I love about Fall

The piles of leaves on the ground. There is nothing more fallish than walking through fall leaves and hearing them crunch beneath your feet. I remember so well walking home from BYU in the fall under the huge maple trees along University Avenue. Along about October with the air of winter just around the corner, they would be shedding their huge leaves. The smell and the sounds are warm memories. I loved watching the huge leaves drift slowly to the ground. I loved shuffling my feet through them.
I always wonder what leaf will be able to hang in there the longest and be the last one to fall.

The brilliant colors of nature seem more vibrant in the fall as they change their summer coats to deeper colors.







No comments:

Post a Comment