Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Craft Night

Andrew wanted to make his own craft so he took all the scraps and created a robot! I love children's creative imaginations.
Showing off our finished product.

The craft table!
I, as usual, cornered Lynda Ann into helping me do a craft that I could hand out to my visiting teaching families and the office personnel. Lynda Ann found these spiders in her craft box that apparently we had made a few years ago. It was my job to round up all the supplies. The hardest supply to find was the Sixlets! Why is it that every time you go after something that you see all the time, you all of a sudden can't find it anywhere! Oh my gosh! I went to Fresh Market, Dan's, Smith's, K-Mart and WalMart and even into Big Lots! No one had Sixlets! You would think during the Halloween season there would be every kind of candy you ever wanted and more. Not so. In the mean time, our RS Presidency is putting together a gift to give our ward RS Presidencies at our leadership meeting. I was looking for a particular container that I remembered buying a few years ago at Harmon's. As I was leaving Harmon's, I decided to check their candy and see if by chance they had any Sixlets. Well not only did they have them in the regular candy section but they had a huge bag of them in their Halloween candy section! Goodness sakes, I had been all over the valley looking for those things and finally found them. Hooray for Harmon's. From now on, that is the place to go. I LOVE HARMON'S!!
A great big THANK YOU to Lynda Ann for helping me make 20+ spiders. They turned out great. When it comes to making things it is always 911 Annie.


No comments:

Post a Comment