Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

That's me on the left, lighting the candle. I was in 5th grade. I think you can read the caption under the picture but just in case it says: "Garbed in Alice-in-Wonderland pinafores, Jeanne Ross (they spelled my name wrong!), Cheryl Fisher and Esther Hafen (one of my very best friends), from left, observe Book Week at Franklin school by leading traditional Sprig of Green ceremony in remembrance of Lewis Carroll's famed gift to children's literature.
At work we have to have some kind of a costume and because I'm not a great lover of dressing up and decided to come up with a simple and yet nice costume. I found this pattern for an Alice in Wonderland costume and decided it would be comfortable to wear all day long. As I was putting the dress on for the day, I remembered that when I was in the 5th grade , I was chosen to be one of three girls to represent Alice In Wonderland at our library at Franklin Elementary. So I had to hunt up the picture and post it. I clearly remember how excited I was, not only to be able to miss class all day but to have my picture in the Provo Daily Herald. Of course, my mother made my blue dress with the white pinafore. Now, here I am 66 years old and wearing a blue dress with a white pinafore and being Alice all over again. I know, I should have taken a picture of me in the dress but I didn't want to put it back on again. Besides, Alice at 66 years isn't nearly as cute as Alice at 10 years old! So, just use your imagination. What goes round comes round? By the way, if anyone ever wants to be Alice, the costume is hanging in my closet.


No comments:

Post a Comment