Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Gathering at the Park












Grayson showing me the how many teeth he has lost.













Thanks to Lyndsy's planning, the family all gathered together at the park. The park was nestled in a neighborhood just below the U of P. The pavilion was rented for four hours from noon to four. I don't think the weather could have been better. Sun was out, skies were blue and there was no wind. We had the usual park menu of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, along with salads, salsa, chips and drinks and even some brightly decorated cookies for Taylor's birthday.


Lyndsy had rented some recreation equipment, so we were able to play volley-ball (which wasn't a big hit) and kick-ball, which was the hi-light of the day. The whole family, even down to the two little boys, Andrew and Brock, joined in the fun. I think River was the only one who just wasn't interested in kicking the ball.


Of course, Gam (as Jaden referred to me as the 'easy out') usually made the out for the team! I'm every bit as competitive, I just don't have quite the strength I used to. At one point I was pitching the ball to Lyndsy. She kicked it right to me. I picked it up and then began the race to first base. I could see that Lyndsy was going to beat me so I made a lunge for her and the base just missing both. I landed on the ground, face down with nothing to show for the effort but a bruised ego. Sigh . . . .


It was a successfully planned and very fun day. All had a great time. Thank you Lyndsy for planning and organizing the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment