Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A perfect Sunday dinner

Saturday and Sunday were busy days. Saturday I spent the day with Mallory down town for her evening concert. We left home at 10:00 a.m. and didn't get back until 10:00 p.m. Consequently my Saturday errands didn't get done. One of those weekly errands is going to the grocery store to stock up for the week and buy what ever we need for our Sunday dinner.

Sunday consisted of my visiting a relief society meeting and then from their to another sacrament meeting where I was speaking. When I got home at 2:30 that after noon, I was not in the mood to fix anything fancy so I went to the refrigerator and this is the dinner I came up with for Neal and I. I absolutely love vegetables of all kinds (except maybe egg plant) and I usually have a variety in the fridge. This day was no exception. When I put the corn, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, avocados and shrimp with chopped celery on the plate I couldn't help but notice the contrasting colors and how delicious and inviting it looked. I just had to take a picture. Neal and I sat down to a perfect dinner at the end of a nearly perfect day. (By the way, I think Neal had some sword fish on his plate which I wanted no part of!)

No comments:

Post a Comment